Covid 19 (Omicron) - Gift Voucher Customers and Students
Could all Gift Voucher Customers and Students intending to fly with an instructor please enure they have taken a negative Lateral Flow (or PCR) test on the day of their flight, before attending the airfield. Thanks.
East of Scotland Microlights (the School) and East of Scotland Microlight Training Association (the Club) take your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice & policy sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them. It covers not only the information we store on our administration system but also the way we deal with personal information on our website.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of East of Scotland Microlight Training Association or renew your membership, we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address and phone number
- Date and place of birth – to calculate membership category and for licence application (student pilots)
- Nationality – for licence application (student pilots)
- Weight range - to determine if you are legally able to fly microlights and for aircraft performance calculations (student pilots) Next of kin details – in case of emergency
- If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, end of year renewal. Organise Club activities
- Keep a record of your progress as a student pilot on our secure Administration System and prepare your pilot’s licence application.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the Club, opportunities to get involved in Club events, training, general meetings or other events.
- Keep a record of your bookings on our online booking system.
- Raise awareness of the Club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
- Process transactions with customers.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Use of our website
We may monitor usage of our web site to enable us to update and tailor same to the needs of users. We may also keep a record of those links which are most regularly used, thus enabling us to provide the most helpful information to our users. Such information is held anonymously and the provider of same cannot be identified. Certain data may be collected by “cookies” (https://cookiesandyou.com), which are temporary internet files placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. This enables us to collect information such as the time spent on our web site and the pages used. Again, this information is held anonymously. Any such information held by East of Scotland Microlights will not be disclosed to any third parties.
Who we share your personal information with
We will not share your personal information with anyone (except as stated below). All emails sent to Club members will be anonymised so that you do not see other members’ names and email addresses. Requests for another member’s contact details will be passed to that member for them to deal with as they see fit.
We are required to put personal details on flying licence applications (which will be checked and signed by the applicant) and this will be shared with British Microlight Aircraft Association and Civil Aviation Authority.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include Police Scotland/Border Force in their fight against terrorism. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
East of Scotland Microlight Training Association and East of Scotland Microlights may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to process only that personal information under our instructions and to protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties for the purposes of web hosting, payment processing and office administration systems, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and these organisations have their own GDPR processes in place.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our instructors and administration team only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our Club in paper form (your original application) at the airfield in a locked filing cabinet and in digital form in password protected records held by our online administration and web hosting systems. Your personal data is transferred to our secure Administration System and is encrypted in transit.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that we delete your personal information (though this will necessarily mean that you will no longer be a Club member)
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
You can contact us at 01620 880332 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk